Coconut oil can be used for just about anything, from cooking, health, to beauty. It is high in saturated fats, antibacterial, and anti-fungal. It is also a medium-chain fatty acid that increases your metabolism and promotes energy. You may be surprised at just how beneficial coconut oil is.
1. It has a high heat pointYou can use coconut oil for cooking, frying, and baking at high temperatures. The oil does not oxidize and break down until 450 degrees Fahrenheit or 252 degrees Celsius. Replace your vegetable oils with coconut oil today. It can be used as an equal substitute in all of your recipes.
2. MoisturizerKiss that dry, flaky skin goodbye. Coconut oil can be used all over the body and on the face. It is a great, all natural moisturizer that will not cause your skin to be oily. It boosts collagen production in your cells and will keep wrinkles at bay.
3. Can help speed metabolism and weight lossCoconut oil is a medium-chain fatty acid (MCFA), also known as a medium chain triglyceride (MCT). It is a healthy fat without any trans fats. The fatty acid particles immediately go to the liver, increasing energy and metabolism. This then yields weight loss. Start consuming a few tablespoons a day to get your body back in shape.
4. ToothpasteDue to the antibacterial and anti-fungal properties of coconut oil, you can easily mix the coconut oil with baking soda and brush on your teeth. Store in a container in a cool place, as coconut oil turns to a liquid above 74 degrees Fahrenheit and 23 degrees Celsius.
5. Hair conditionerIf you can consume it and use as a body moisturizer, it must help your hair too. You can leave on your hair overnight or as little as 15 minutes to get its moisturizing effects to have healthy, shiny hair. Shampoo, rinse, and style normally after using.
6. Speed healing of cuts and sunburnsAs it is a natural moisturizer, coconut oil, together with a drop or two of lavender oil, will heal your burns so that your skin doesn’t peel. Use daily on your skin, and it will heal in just a fraction of the time that you were used to. Coconut oil promotes collagen production and repairs the skin cells.
7. Increases breast milk in breastfeeding mothersIf you are a breastfeeding mother, you know that your milk supply is key to the development of your baby. Consuming coconut oil increases your milk supply, because healthy fats are a key component to hormone production, which increases milk production.
8. Natural deodorantApply coconut oil to your skin to eliminate odors. The lauric acid in coconut oil kills odor-causing bacteria.
9. Consume in your coffeeIncrease your consumption by replacing the cream in your coffee with coconut oil. It adds a slight nutty taste that is smooth and rich. Welcome to the world of bulletproof coffee. It adds to your consumption of coconut oil to increase the uptake of vitamins and nutrients in your body, as essential healthy fats are a necessity.
10. Body ScrubExfoliate your skin by using this simple body scrub. Mix together equal parts coconut oil and sugar. Use in the bath and shower to have soft skin.
As you can see, coconut oil can be used in all sorts of ways, and the benefits of coconut oil extend across all spectrums. Buy your jar of coconut oil today at your local grocery store in either the natural foods or oil section. What are you going to use coconut oil for?
More benefits of other foods: 11 Benefits of Almond Milk You Didn’t Know About
The post 10 Benefits Of Coconut Oil You Didn’t Know About appeared first on Lifehack.